10/01/2009

Post update

A while ago I wrote about the kind of jobs PR people do in and for the movie industry. As I already stressed, in my opinion the most common and popular job for a PR practitioner is becoming a publicist.

In the previous post, I described the job profile, pro's and con's and everything that goes with being a publicist, but for the people who want to now specifics, I suggest you to watch the film ''How to loose friends & alienate people'' (2008); I don't want to tell you what's the film about as I strongly think you should see it for yourself, but one of the main characters in the movie is actually a publicist, played by Gillian Anderson, and the role matches perfectly everything that a publicist should be and should do for a client, so if you're interested in knowing more about it, just check out if the film is still played in your nearest cinema or displayed on the shelves of your local DVD rental store.

* Another main character is British actor Simon Pegg, the one starring in the hit film ''Shaun of the dead'', so that should be a guarantee that you're going to be cracking up during the whole movie as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment